A Fàilte Ireland and Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland (A.T.G.I) professional tourist guide, tour manager and director for the island of Ireland. It is in this role that I provide these services to several Destination Management Companies (D.M.C.’s) from Ireland, Europe and America on extended tours (i.e. 4, 7, 14 and 21 days in duration). In addition to this I provide walking tours of Galway city and I do day tours of Connemara, the Burren and the Aran Islands as a step on guide.
Other services catered to as a step on guide include:
• Meet and Greet.
• Evening Tours (19.00 – 23.00).
• ½ Day (Morning or Afternoon).
Additional Tour Management, Director and Tourist Guide Service:
• Route and itinerary planning.
• Customer service.
• Event management.
• Tour and itinerary management; tourist guiding and the researching tour routes.
• Dealing with tourism related questions\issues regularly from clients & operators.
• Handling cash.
• Basic bookkeeping; petty cash, handling cash and banking duties.
• Record keeping
• Business generation.
• Filing of documents, the sorting of mail and handling telephone calls.
• Data Entry, typing and computer skills.
• Time management.
• Communication and presentation skills.
• Handling customer service queries & difficult situations.
• Flexibility, dependability, reliability and diplomacy used in work situations.
• Team work and respect for work colleagues, the customer and other client.
• Situation evaluation & analysis; the cataloguing of questions, queries &
Since early 2006, I have been working in the Irish tourism industry; initially this was with Fáilte Ireland, the national tourism authority for Ireland and since 2008 I have been working as a tour guide. Originally I qualified as a Galway local area tour guide (2008); but then as a National tour guide (2009) with a specialism in Galway city and its environs.
I have worked with several of the major incoming tour operators for Ireland, the United Kingdom and the United States; these would have included: Abbey Tours, Irish Rugby Tours, Glenton Holidays (Scotland) and Travelling Matters (United States). It is during this time that I also provided tours for some of the biggest events that have been staged in Ireland. These would have included the 2012 Volvo Ocean Race that finished in Galway; the International Quilt Festival of Ireland (2012); Emerald Isle Classic (Notre Dame vs. Navy (2012)) and the Croke Park Classic (University of Central Florida vs. Penn State) in 2014.
Over the past 5 years I have been developing tours of Galway that have included a strong historical and industrial connection. I have also developed a tour of Galway that is titled: “The Famous people, theatre and literature tour of Galway” that focuses on the theatres of Galway (past and present); the cities writers and literary connections and its famous people that would have included Oscar Wilde. I am currently running the Galway City's Wild Atlantic Way walk.
Spoken languages: English